He watched her, seated atop the rock. Sometimes she moved a great deal, and others she was utterly still. He worried when she was still for so long, and he often thought of approaching her, to see if he might move her and know that she was still within, still breathing, still alive.
She had been so still this time that he was unsure she was even blinking. He was worried, uncertain what to do. He watched closely, hovering nearby, willing her pale eyes to close and open again. It scared him that this incredible being might depart his sight. He had protected her, defended her, guided and listened to her. How long had he remained a mere breath away?
Finally he moved close enough to caress her cheek. Her eyes fluttered and she touched her long, delicate fingers to her skin where he had been. He breathed a sigh of relief and it made strands of her pale hair rustle and settle into new places along her slender neck. He delighted in seeing the effect, of having changed her that little bit.
“Why are you so still?” he breathed some time later, having finally summoned the courage to give voice to his question.
“Because I am the last,” she answered, raising her head. A tear slipped from her eye. He touched it, turning it to ice, and let it fall into her lap.
He stirred her hair gently again as he nodded. He couldn’t believe he was actually talking to her. He had not braved talking to someone in so long, he worried his voice might break or that his words wouldn’t come out at all. But she was talking back, and that delighted him.
“I am alone,” she whispered, lowering her head and holding the solid, glittery form of her tear. Another joined it then, sliding down her porcelain cheek. He caught this one too, icing it with little more than a thought, nudging it into her palm.
“You’re not alone,” he whispered. “I’ve always been with you.” This time he wrapped her in his embrace, giving her his warmth, feeding her body with his heat, swirling around her. He kissed her neck, and she sighed softly and closed her eyes. He kissed her eyelids and she offered her lips, raising her chin. He kissed her there, too, tenderly touching her skin.
Wind settled then, and watched her once more.
Featured shoe: Reign Dare Knee High Boots in White by Kenadee Cole
- Skin: Le Forme Anna Catwa Skin Applier in Light Tone by Louise Marsault
- Lipstick: Bold and Beauty Lindsey Lipstick by Jourdan McMillan
- Head: Catwa Annie by Catwa Clip
- Ears: BentBox Sylvan Ears by Tiflye
- Eyes: Mayfly Liquid Light Eyes in Ghost True Grey by Arkesh Baral
- Body: Maitreya Lara by Onyx LeShelle
- Dress: Zenith Ballerina Dress in Snow by Miffyhoi Rosca
- Necklace and Circlet: Plastik Darknys in Pure by Aikea Reiko
- Hair: LeLutka Alice in Arctic by Thora Charron
- Skye Ice Sheets & Forms by Alex Bader
- Skye Falling Snow System by Alex Bader
- Skye Water by Alex Bader
- Pose 1: oOo Studio Pretty_four by Olaenka Chesnokov
- Pose 2: Custom by me