Dean thanked the assistant who had guided him through the labyrinth of cords and wires to the chair he sat in now. Half a dozen people were on the set, moving things, testing other things, using a language of their own to say that this was ready, and that was next to be done.
Charlotte wasn’t visible, but he had heard her laugh somewhere in the darkness that surrounded the one area that was well lit. He’d spent his time admiring the motorcycle on set, even though he had never ridden one. It looked like a powerful beast, and he appreciated that.
When she had told him she was a model, he hadn’t quite believed her. She wasn’t the lying type, and she was really attractive, but he remembered staring at her and the words not registering, and then he’d composed himself and said something he hoped was neutral. Seven months down the line, and she finally invited him to actually come to the set. In the meantime, she didn’t talk about her work, and he didn’t really ask. Seeing all these people today, and seeing that they were professionals and not holed up in some little warehouse shooting soft core porn made the whole scenario a bit more real to him.
So far, everyone had come and introduced themselves, shaken his hand in greeting, and smiled. They were all very attractive people, too, and if he had thought his way along a bit more, he might have been intimidated. But he was here at her invitation, and that apparently opened more than a few doors.
John, the British-accented photographer, called out, “Shooting set 3!” The noise level dropped around them, and Dean settled back into the canvas chair. A big, industrial fan started, John took his place behind the camera.
And then a tall, leggy redhead stepped into the lights, sitting gingerly on the bike, leaning forward to get her foot on the peg and steadying herself with her other foot on the floor. She reached out for the handlebar and raised her head. Dean froze, his mouth hanging open. The moment she looked up, he actually recognized her. THIS was Charlotte. And she was stunning. The fan caught her hair, blowing the long, straight strands away from her face. She looked toward John as he barked some movements she should make, and her eyes were the most intense green he had ever seen.
Flashbulbs popped and Dean shied back a bit at the bright glare. His eyes still weren’t able to reconcile the woman he knew with this person he was seeing. All the features were there, of course, but makeup, clothing, a different hairstyle, all made her into this person he barely recognized. It was remarkable, he thought.
A short time later, she came off the photo set, and put her hands on the arms of his chair just as the lights in the building came up. At close range, he could see exactly what sort of magic had happened to transform her from the Charlotte he knew, into model Charlotte. He kissed her nose, and decided that he really liked his Charlotte better.
Featured shoes: Essenz Stockholm in Black by Senzati0n Domenitzo
- Head: Catwa Annie by Catwa Clip
- Eyes: Mayfly Luminous in Deep Paris Shadow by Arkesh Baral
- Skin: Bold & Beauty Lindsey in Fair by Jourdan McMillan
- Body: Maitreya Lara by Onyx LeShelle
- Makeup: YS&YS Kate by Monicuzza Babenco
- Hair: LeLutka Pocahantas in Jessica by Thora Charron
- Jacket: Addams Charlize Biker Jacket in Black by AmaliaRainwood
- Shirt: Addams Rubik Tank Top in White by Amalia Rainwood
- Jeans: Emery Kerr Jeans in Dark by Sunami Beck
- Jewelry: Mandala Nyorai Silver Choker by Kikunosuke Eel
- Hands and Feet: Slink Avatar Enhancement Hands in Casual; High Feet by Siddean Munro
- Manicure: Hello Dave in Nude Mattes by Maia Gasparini
- [Con.] The Garage Collection – Industrial Fan by Wavie Haller (gacha item)
- (fd) Workspace Table by Toast Bard (gacha item)
- Trompe Loeil – Brooklyn Carriage House by Cory Edo
- [sau]mouse[Lite][Black] by NiR McBride
- (fd) Camera + Tripod by Toast Bard (gacha item)
- (fd) Umbrella Light by Toast Bard (gacha item)
- (fd) Softbox by Toast Bard (gacha item)
- (fd) Large Backdrop by Toast Bard (gacha item)